If you are considering selling your property there are a number of simple things you can do as the owner to add value and obtain the best price possible. The preparation put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standard price as opposed to a great price and will most likely be simple, quick and inexpensive to do.
When working on your behalf the real estate agent will use a number of different marketing strategies to attract potential buyers. The majority of these strategies will require capturing high quality interior and exterior images to be used throughout the marketing campaign. These images will be viewed via the internet, in the paper, on window cards and brochures by prospective buyers who will immediately form first impressions.
The sale process will also require agents to show prospective clients through your home or conduct 'Open Homes' which will require your property to be presented in the best possible way.
If you are considering placing your home on the market we have put together some simple, basic suggestions to help you strive to reach an optimum price.
- Take time to evaluate the exterior of your property and view it from a prospective buyers eyes
- Ensure lawns are mowed and gardens are neat and tidy
- Toys, bikes, balls etc. are stored away
- Rubbish bins are stored away appropriately and odourless
- Entrances to the home are free from shoes, leaves and cobwebs
- Present rooms so they are free of clutter, light and fresh
- Ensure beds are made and clothes are stored away
- Windows and curtains are open, lights are on(replace any globes not working)
- Remove personal photos and place electrical leads out of view
- Ensure kitchen benches are clean and tidy and clear of unnecessary items
- Ensure bathroom screens/curtains are clean/new, toilets seats are down and there are fresh towels
A small amount of time and energy will make a considerable difference to the visual presentation of your property. It's really up to you! We are here to help in any way we can, so all you have to do is ask?
Director/Licensed Estate agent